Thursday, June 10, 2010

Reversible Dress

I whipped up this reversible dress for Ava yesterday while she napped. I've had the fabric and pattern for over a year so it was about time I made it! I actually had cut the pieces out a few months back to motivate me to sew it but just never got around to it until now.

I could not get Ava to cooperate for long for photos but here are the best shots. Note: the fabric is some of my favorite from Amy Butler.

The red side (notice the haze in the picture? that is because it was so humid and hot outside it fogged my lens right when we went out)

More of the red, with Ava doing her "sweet" pose.

Yeah for the blue side!

This is a clearer photo of the dress (or just brighter) but not a great pose. Think Ava was not enjoying the wet grass and the dirt.

I thought this dress was going to be hard to sew but really it was fairly easy. Worst part was cutting out pattern pieces (is it just me or does everyone hate cutting the pieces?). I highly recommend this pattern from Frog Legs & Ponytails. Actually all of her patterns are very easy to follow, with great directions & photos and are great for even beginner sewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...