Thursday, December 17, 2009

Yeah! New Family Dolls!

So way back when Ava was little, I came up with the idea to do custom dolls of family members who did not live in Austin so that Ava would know who they were and could play with them at any time. The first 2 attempts were not great so I went back to the drawing board.

Many many months later, I finally figured out how I wanted to do them and so I enlisted the help of my AMAZING graphic designer friend, Brooke, to help me accomplish my goal. (She is also the one who painted this super awesome portrait of Ava--she's talented!)

She was able to create the blank doll bodies, attach the heads and provide them to me in a jpg so that I could print them, sew clothes on and sew backs on them too. I love the results and can't wait to give these 3 little dolls to a very special someone (can't tell you who!...yet).

Best part is that the clothing/backs are made from fabric scraps (and Darren's clothes are made from a tshirt and pair of shorts we were giving to Goodwill...good way to go green & recycle if you ask me!)

Front:

Back:
Thanks again Brooke for the help! Now I want to make Ava a set of all of our family and make these for other people....although not all at once and not that soon. Bit tired from all my projects :)

PS. Need to get better photos of these but it's been wet outside and the lighting was not quite right.

3 comments:

  1. These are adorable!!! They sort of remind me of a Matryoshka! The fabric patterns on the back, the graduated sizing, the general cute factor...! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok...these I love!! I'd love to feature theses on Blue Cricket!email me if that's ok!!!

    bluecricketdesign@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I want to make some too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...