Monday, June 27, 2011

More Upcycling

Awhile back my sister gave me this cute sun dress since she was not wearing it anymore.
 I had borrowed this dress several years ago when I went to Mexico as evidenced here.
 I decided to try to wear it the other day, and really just wasn't feeling it.  Not sure if it's because I just had a baby or if it's because I'm super pale but it just was no longer flattering on me.  Not to mention that the lining on this dress only came down so far (the last 2 ruffles did not have lining and you could see that) -- it always bothered me.  So I was going to try to turn it into a top for me.  BUT when I tried that on, it too did not look flattering.

So what's a girl to do? Answer: turn it into a dress for their 4 year old daughter.  I just took in the seams in the top (I did not even mess with the skirt part...it actually looked good full) and adjusted the straps.  She of course loves it since she only wants to wear dresses every day.  Nice free way to give her a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...