Well the nesting period has definitely begun and I have been busy working on some projects for my soon-to-be born son.
First up, a onesie made from an old shirt of my husbands (wish I had taken a before photo but since I cut this shirt up a few months back, it was out of the question - basically this was a men's polo shirt with collar). I used an old gerber onesie that I cut up for pattern pieces and then just cut out my pieces and sewed it up! I think it is pretty cute and super cool that it used to be Darren's. And then I made a pee pee teepee to match (no photo of that though).
Then, I decided to make a nursing cover since I gave my old one away to my friend who had her baby in January. I was thinking I would not need one this time around but then realized it would be nice to have one around just in case. I didn't want to ask for mine back (that would be rude!) so I used this super easy tutorial from Freshly Picked's blog. Easy peasy and a good excuse to use a yard of fabric from my overly full sewing drawer.
2 items down and a few more to go!