Thursday, April 15, 2010

More Pinkalicious

Here's an updated photo of the Pinkalicious painting. I have finally filled Pinkalicious in herself. I also did a special texture on both her wings and parts of her the book she kind of has lacy wings and lacy tiers on her skirt so I decided to cut up some doilies to get the same kind of effect.

You can't really see it in the photo (at least on the wings) but it turned out really cool and definitely looks more like the book than plain paint would have. Will have to see if I can get some good close ups when it is done.

I still have quite a ways to go since I have to cut all the flowers out of fabric and mod podge them on. Still have major touch up work around Pinkalicious and in the grass & stems but some of that will be the last thing I do.

Best part of this process, is that I work on it an hour here and there and each time I do something, Ava comes in and notices and tells me how much she loves the new part. I actually caught her hugging and kissing the painting the other morning as I was getting ready. So glad she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...